Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Steve Jobs temporarily steps down as Apple CEO

Steve Jobs steps down as apple ceo - by zackAs many have undoubtedly heard already, CEO of Apple Steve Jobs is taking a momentary leave of absence from Apple due to health issues. While Jobs is not leaving permanetley as of yet, he will be away from Apple for 5 months until the end of June of this year. Jobs is stepping down due to him having a hormonal disorder which makes it difficult for his body to process hormones.

In a letter Jobs wrote to the employees at Apple stating, "Unfortunatley, the steve jobscuriosity over my personal health continues to be a distraction not only for me and my family, but for everyone else at Apple as well. In addition, over the past week I have learned that my health-related issues are more complex then I originally thought."

Jobs also stated that, "In order to take myself out of the limelight and focus on my health, and to allow everyone at Apple to focus on delivering extraordinary products, I have decided to take a medical leave of absence until the end of June."

Jobs' letter also revealed that he has left Chief Operating Officer of Apple Tim Cook to be responsible for the day-to-day operations at Apple.

With Jobs stepping down temporarily this could mean drops in stocks for Apple and a decrease in product sales as well. We hope Steve Jobs has a sppedy recovery from his ailments and can soon retrurn to his position as Apple's CEO.

No comments: