Sunday, June 06, 2010

3 Ways to Use Twitter to Promote Your Business

3 Ways to Use Twitter to Promote Your Business

Making sense of Twitter isn't always for the faint of heart. I've been using it for over a year and a half now and admittedly, I'm still learning. But if you own a business, it a great way to find new customers. The social networking site, which already has 100 million users, is growing. But how do you do it? Here are five sure-fire ways your company can use Twitter to its advantage.

1. Twitter conversations are mostly public and anyone can access them. Want to see if people are talking about you? Do a search for your company name. Larger companies such as Comcast and Dell take advantage of this. Anytime I've complained about my computer or my cable/internet service, an employee from either company has responded to me within a few hours and sometimes within a few minutes. You can also look for sales leads. Search for people who are looking for what you're selling and let them know you have it available.

2. Answer questions from your customers. If your business has a Twitter account, you can use it as quick, direct line between yourself and your customers when they have a question. If customers know your Twitter account is there and active, they will send questions and comments your way. As a matter of fact, today I went to the Chick-Fil-A drive thru for lunch and when I returned home, I realized the croutons were missing from my salad. Not to be picky, but that's one reason I love their salads. I happened to be tweeting with some friends at the time, and you better believe I made a tweet that said, "My salad didn't come with croutons @chickfila." I didn't get a response, nor do I expect a bag of croutons to arrive in the mail, but sometimes, companies can and should take advantage of this kind of interaction.

3. Have fun and don't be boring. Again, interaction is key. If you simply tweet about your business all day, then you probably aren't grabbing anyone's attention. Ask questions, respond to those you follow, retweet, and build relationships. Post things you find interesting and make sure your posts are interesting, too.



Planning to speak at or attend a trade show or conference this year? Then call 800-736-8772 or visit RentOurProjectors.com for an affordable projector rental anywhere in the US or Canada.

No comments: