Thursday, March 29, 2012

Twitter Bug Is Unfollowing Followers

Just yesterday I went to look at one of my best friend's Twitter pages, only to find that it was saying that I wasn’t following her and her account was protected so I couldn’t see her tweets. Initially, I was offended to think that she might have dropped me from her following list; however, I have since found out that there is a “follow bug” that is currently plaguing Twitter.

The bug was first reported by TechCrunch. They stated that the glitch was causing some Twitter accounts to randomly unfollow some users for absolutely no reason.

"This is a bug, and our team is working to fix it," a Twitter spokesperson said.
Twitter also left a note on its support page: "Bug alert: A person you've recently followed shows in your following tab, but appears with a follow icon so it looks like you're not following them, as shown in the image below. Visit their profile if you'd like to confirm you're following them. Engineers are working to resolve the issues listed above. Thanks for your patience!"

Jeremiah Owyang, a technology industry analyst for TechCrunch, wrote an article saying, “I wonder how many businesses, personal, and casual relationships are strained by the bug haphazardly unfollowing. It causes us to give pause and question the stability of the Twitter infrastructure, usage of my personal data and social network, and what important messages I may have missed from my trusted Twitter network.”

Hopefully, Twitter will have this bug fixed soon. I’m finding it slightly annoying and inconvenient, and I simply want to know that Twitter is reliable once again and won’t have issues like this in the future.

Sources: The Telegraph - Twitter admits 'unfollowing bug' and PCMag - Twitter Admits Follow Bug, Says Fix Is Coming

The Security Camera Blog



Get a regular infusion of new security camera technology information, video and news. Easy to subscribe in a reader or by email.


We help you stay in touch with the latest security camera features.


No comments: