Thursday, September 24, 2015

Strategies To Improve Your Social Media Results

It's no surprise that social media can be a huge benefit to your business. However, managing and maintaining your company's social media presence can be a time-consuming challenge. If you are a startup, then you may also not have the time or the money to properly delegate your social media tasks. Regardless, your goal should be to build a sustainable web presence and to figure out a way to optimize your social media campaigns. Here are a few strategies that will allow you to double your social media results in far less time than you think, increasing your engagement with your followers and generate more leads for your business.

80/20 Rule

One of the most important things about your social media presence is knowing what content to post. Don't use social media to pitch your products and services. Doing this may actually turn off your followers and customers. The goal of your social media should be to provide useful, thoughtful content. Confusing your followers for customers is a bad move and it is always better to give rather than to receive. Doing this will instill a sense of trust in your audience.

Listening to your audience is also imperative. When you take the time to do this you can create content that flows with the goals and desires of those who follow you. The more you engage, the more unnecessary the marketing aspect of your social media presence becomes. This is the perfect opportunity to for you to suggest that your fans subscribe to your email list.

Roughly 80% of your social media content should offer value to your followers. However, you still want to try to convert these followers into customers. Therefore, the remaining 20% of your posts should be focused on generating leads. This doesn't mean you have to be pushy. In fact, you don't need to be pushy at all. Create things like educational content that steers your followers to one of your websites.


Create a Procedure

Social media isn't the best option for a "quick fix". Don't try sneaky tactics to get on the front page of Google. Actually, if you try this you're likely to get your account banned. If you want to generate a steady traffic flow then you will need persistence and patience. If you try to post to a bunch of different social media sites ever single day then you may end of doing more harm than good.

Getting distracted can take you up to 20 minutes to get back to where you were at the start. Taking constant time out of your day to work on social media will hinder your ability to focus on more important business tasks. In addition to that, if you don't have proper social media management tools then you will have to manually log into each site separately. If you try to cross promote, and you are logged into all of these websites then you could have a lot of clutter or end up publishing the wrong content on the wrong site.

A more efficient strategy would be to set aside 2 to 3 hours a week to focus on social media. Create something that lists the posting frequencies that you want for each platform and remember that some sites may require more content than others. Posting 3 to 4 times a week on Facebook is a good strategy whereas you may only want to post 1 to 2 videos on YouTube each week.

Recycle Old Content

Emailing the same person 5 times in a day will almost definitely get them to unsubscribe to your email list. However, if you post to Facebook 5 times in a day it may very well enhance the level of engagement with your followers. If you have a wide range of followers from all over the globe then you will have followers in different time zones, that work at different times of the day, and peruse social media at different times of the day. That means that not all of your content will reach 100% of your audience.

That is why you should repurpose some of your most popular content. When it comes down to it, most of your followers won't see your content more than once. Your content going viral is even more unlikely. Repurposing your content will get your content out to a larger audience. You can post the same content every 2 to 3 weeks. Make a few tweaks each time you post the content. You can change the title slightly or the body of each paragraph, small changes make big differences.

Putting It All Together

Social media can seem more overwhelming than it really is. If you want your social media sites to drive traffic to your business you can't afford to do it wrong. Posting multiple times a day on multiple social media sites most likely won't work. Creating a plan and sticking to it will help you stay accountable in the long-run. Scheduling posts will save you time and help you increase output and repurposing that content will increase the level of interaction and engagement with your followers.

Content originally published here

No comments: